If you plan to invite employees to help manage your company’s Facebook page, you’ll need to set up a Business Manager account. If you plan on running advertisements on Facebook, you’ll need to create an Ad Account. To get started, follow the steps below.
Before signing up, make sure that you have the following information ready: Your business’ physical address, website, phone number, email address, and a payment method to enter and keep on file for all future ad campaigns.
Creating a Business Manager Account
1) Login to your Facebook account. Then open a second tab and go to the following address.
If the page looks like this, you don’t have an account and need to proceed to the next step.
If the page looks like this, you already have an account. Proceed to the next section: Add a Facebook Page to Business Manager
2) Click blue Create Account button. Add the name of your business (it should be the same as the one listed on your Facebook page), your name, and your business email.
3) Add business details and then click submit.
4) Confirm your email address.
Add a Facebook Page to Business Manager
1) Click the blue Business Settings button in the top right corner.
2) Under the Accounts section on the left hand side, click Pages, click Add and then choose the first option―Add a Page.
Create an Ad Account
1)Next, under the Accounts section click on Ad Accounts, then click Add and choose the Create a New Ad Account option.
2) Add the name of your business, your time zone, and preferred currency.
3) Select the following option: This account will be used for my business.
3) Add people and set permissions.
4) Now you’ll need to enter payment information for all future ad campaigns .Click on the Payments tab on the bottom left hand side of the screen and add a payment method.
Invite Employees to Manage Pages and Ad Accounts
1) Go the the Users column, select People. Click on Add under the People column. Enter an email address, choose whether they’ll have Employee or Admin rights.
2) On the next screen, you can assign employees access to Pages and/or Ad Accounts. You can also choose which permissions they’ll have under the Set Permissions column. Once you’ve finalized your decision, click Invite to finish the process.
Your Facebook Business Manager an Ad Accounts are now ready for use. If you’d like to invite an outside partner like a marketing agency or social media professional to help manage your account, check out instructions on how to do so here.