One simple and effective way to boost customer engagement is to add a Facebook Messenger chat plugin to your website.
You’ll need to have a business or commerce plan in order to install the Facebook chat plugin for Squarespace.
1) Navigate to your organization’s Facebook page and select “Settings” in the menu on the top right. Next, click on “Messenger Platform” and scroll to the bottom of the page.
2) Here you’ll find the “Customer Chat Plugin” option. Click the “Set Up” box to the right.
3) A window with the headline “Set Up Customer Chat” will pop up. Here you can choose your language settings, as well as the default greeting that’s displayed when visitors to your site message you.
4) The next step will allow you to choose custom colors for your plugin to match your site or brand’s aesthetic. This step is optional.
5) Now you’ll need to enter the complete address of your company’s website in the top left corner of the window. Copy the code on the righthand side of the screen.
6) Go to your Squarespace dashboard and click on “Settings.”
7) Click on “Advanced” in the bottom righthand corner of the screen.
8) Select “Code injection.”
9) Insert the Facebook code snippet that you obtained in Facebook Business Manager earlier.
10) Press “Save” and refresh the browser. You should now be able to see the customer chat plugin.
Adding a Facebook Messenger plugin to your site will be sure to help you establish more meaningful relationships with your customers through messaging. Simply adding the plugin won’t be enough, though! Be sure to spread the word and let everyone know that you can be easily reached on Messenger.