Looking for an easy way to encourage customer engagement? One of the simplest ways to do so is by adding a Facebook chat plugin to your page.
The antidote to this problem is Facebook’s customer chat plugin, which can help breathe new communicative life into your website and enable visitors to contact you in a way that is befitting on 2019.
1) Navigate to your organization’s Facebook page and select “Settings” in the menu on the top right. Next, click on “Messenger Platform” and scroll to the bottom of the page.
2) Here you’ll find the “Customer Chat Plugin” option. Click the “Set Up” box to the right.
3) A window with the headline “Set Up Customer Chat” will pop up. Here you can choose your language settings, as well as the default greeting that’s displayed when visitors to your site message you.
4) The next step will allow you to choose custom colors for your plugin to match your site or brand’s aesthetic. This step is optional.
5) Now you’ll need to enter the complete address of your company’s website in the top left corner of the window. Finally, decide whether to send the instructions to your webmaster or do it yourself.
6) If you decide to install it on your own, open the text editor for the page on which you’d like to install the plugin.
7) Open a <body> tag.
8) Paste the Facebook chat plugin code below the <body> tag.
9) Close the </body> tag.
Presto! The customer chat plugin should now appear on your website.
Adding a Facebook Messenger plugin to your site will be sure to help you establish more meaningful relationships with your customers through messaging. Simply adding the plugin won’t be enough, though! Be sure to spread the word and let everyone know that you can be easily reached on Messenger.