Getting Started With Airy
In order to successfully engage with your customers you’ll need to properly setup your Airy account . Here are some simple steps you can do to unleash Airy’s full potential. In this tutorial we will cover your Organization Setup, orienting your Facebook Setup to take advantage of key messaging features, and optimizing your Website Setup for messaging
Facebook Page Setup
Organization Setup – Connect Your Facebook Page(s)
Organizations are an integral part of the Airy ecosystem. They serve as a unique space to connect your Facebook pages. Organizations allow you to access all your messages from one unified inbox. Additionally, you can invite team members to collaborate within your organization.
Below are 3 simple steps to help you set up your organization.
- In the Airy App, navigate to Settings
- Tap on Facebook Pages
- Select your Facebook Page to connect to your organization
Organization Setup – Invite Your Team
Airy enables you to collaborate with your colleagues on a completely new level. Thanks to Airy Organizations, you and your team can easily join forces replying to incoming messages, managing your contacts, and reaching out to customers without using your personal Facebook accounts.
Below are 3 simple steps to help you set up your Airy Team.
- In the Airy App, navigate to Settings
- Select Members
- Invite your Team Members by simply typing in their name and email address
Invited team members will receive an email with instructions on how to download Airy Messenger and log in to your Organization.
Facebook Page Setup – Disable Double Notifications
Airy sends you a notification every time your page is messaged. In order to not receive double notifications, Facebook’s default page message notifications need to be disabled.
- Access your page settings on Desktop
- Click on Notifications
- Navigate to the Messages option and turn it off
Facebook Page Setup – Add Message Us Buttons
In order to boost your brand awareness and get more customers, encourage them to message you with each post you make and display a Message Us button prominently on your Facebook page.
Every Facebook page can have a specific CTA (call to action) button – a blue button that suggests the visitor perform a certain action.
To edit or activate that button, navigate to your page and simply click on the current CTA button.
You can also easily add a CTA button to every post you create.
1. Click on the three dots in the post creator.
2. Select the Get Messages option to add a CTA to your post
3. Users can now directly message your page when they see your post.
Website Setup – customize your Facebook Chat Plugin
Stay engaged with your customers on your website and create long-lasting, meaningful connections using messaging.
Facebook’s Chat Plugin is an outstanding tool that works seamlessly with Airy Messenger. Visitors of your website can message you directly establishing a valuable relationship. Even if they leave your website, messages you send them via Airy Messenger will still be received.
Follow the steps below to integrate Facebook Messenger into your website and instantly receive messages in Airy.
- As a page admin, navigate to your Facebook page and select Settings in the menu on the top right.
- Click on Messenger Platform and scroll to the very bottom.
3. When you see the Customer Chat Plugin option, click on Set Up to start creating and customizing your plugin.
4. You should see several possibilities to customize the experience of your future website visitors. First, you can choose what language the Customer Chat Plugin is in and/or a replace the default “Hi! How can we help you?“ greeting with whatever message you prefer. Once you’ve made your decisions click Next to proceed.
Next is a fairly important setting. Visitors usually have certain expectations when trying to reach out to you, primarily regarding when they can expect a response. Follow the next steps to customise the average response time your customers can expect from you.
5. Once you’ve made a decision, click Next to advance to the final step.
6. You’ll need to find your complete homepage address (which looks similar to
https://tropicalclothing.com/ ). Copy and paste it in the top left box.
7. Finally, decide whether to send the implementation instructions to your webmaster or do it yourself. Instructions for implementing the code yourself are noted below.
Website Setup – add Facebook Chat Plugin to your website
The implementation of the code snippet you just generated from Facebook depends on what service provider you use for your website. Generally, you need to open a <body> tag on each webpage you want the chat plugin to appear and paste the snippet. Below are two examples of how to do that in Squarespace and WordPress, two major website builders.
When using Squarespace, start off by accessing the standard website editor. Keep in mind that this is only possible when you have a Business or Commerce Account at Squarespace.
- Click on Settings
2. Click on Advanced and then on Code Injection
3. Paste the code snippet into the Footer field. Remember to open and close it with <body> and </body> tag.
When using WordPress, simply use their recently introduced option to include Messenger Customer Chat, accessible directly from your page editor.
- Access your pages Settings and click on the Messenger Icon on the left bottom
- Click on Setup Customer Chat
3. Next, select your Facebook page
4. Finally, follow the same steps as described above under the Website Setup – customize your Facebook Chat Plugin option
5. Done! The Chat Plugin will appear on your WordPress page from now on
On all other common website creators, simply look for either an add HTML option or paste it directly into the Text Editor of each page you want the plugin to appear.
Once you’ve completed these basic steps you are all set to begin receiving messages from your customers on all your platforms. Check out some of our other articles to see how you boost the amount of messages you receive and optimize how your customers interact with your brand.