Last updated: October 2, 2018
This Notice applies to any personal information received by Airy from the European Union (including Liechtenstein, Norway & Iceland) or Switzerland in reliance on Privacy Shield.
2. Choice. We will provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share their data with third parties other than our agents and service providers, or before we use it for a purpose other than it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain situations, we may be also required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
4. Security. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We will process personal information in a manner that is compatible with and relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by individuals. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
6. Access. EU and Swiss individuals have the right to reasonable access to the personal information about you that we hold. On request, we will also take reasonable steps to correct, update, amend or delete any information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of doing so would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question or where the rights of third parties would be violated.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
7. Jurisdiction and Enforcement. As part of our participation in Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
8. Lawful Requests. Airy may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
9. Contact and Recourse. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Airy commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. If you have any questions about this Notice or the information that we collect from you in reliance on Privacy Shield, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
44 Tehama St.
San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
In the event that you are concerned about how personal information you have provided to Airy has been used, please address your inquiry or complaint first to us at the address listed above. Airy takes all concerns about privacy and use of personal information very seriously, and shall endeavor to reply to you within 45 days of receiving a complaint. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, you may submit your complaint free of charge to JAMS, Airy’s designated Privacy Shield dispute resolution provider, using this link: https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.